Sunday, May 28, 2006

Our First Look at the Chilcotin Region

It’s Sunday May 28, 2006, and we are staying at Steve and Jill Horsman’s at the Redstone Reserve. We left Cody, Wyoming at 5:30 A.M Thursday. We drove about four hours to see Bridger, Jen and Clancy Boyd in Wilsall, Montana. We visited, had lunch and we’re back on the road again by 2:30. We drove till 9:00 P.M. and got a hotel in Spokane WA. Friday morning we decided to try to make it all the way to Chilanko Forks in one day. We had a long but good day. Abigail did a great job in the car, sleeping most of the time. We drove through a lot of mountains and had rain on and off all day. We did hit a couple patches of hail, and saw one car go off the road in front of us, but the Lord protected us. We finally arrived about 8:30 Friday evening. The last couple of days have been giving us a little taste of what life is like for the missionaries who work with First Nation people. We have a lot of processing to do with all the information we are gathering during this time. Praise the Lord today for His Goodness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis, I just got done reading all your entries from the first thru to this last one...just want you to know how very much I love you and how blessed I am to see my little sis following our LORD's call on her life...I miss you guys

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Joel. I am glad you have this blog site. I will try to remember read it and keep updated on you all. I will be praying for you. What divine courage in the Lord it takes to do what you are doing. We will all keep you lifted up. I think of you often although I am not very good at keeping in touch. Love Ya!
Jackie Milliman